Future Professional Development
My continued professional development means I will have more skillsets for you to benefit from. As a new worker for you, I will learn all the necessary job roles and tasks unique to your environment and methodology.
Professionally, I intend to complete a full undergraduate degree in occupational health and safety from the University of New Brunswick with a minor in behaviour science, then obtain my CRSP designation. Currently I am enrolled at the University of New Brunswick in the COHS program and will obtain my CRST designation after completion. I also intend on completing my proficiencies as a First Aid Instructor with St. John Ambulance.
I enjoy taking specific training courses and will continue to do so to develop a deeper knowledge on many synergistic proficiencies and to expand my skillsets to exceed your expectations. I look forward to being a reliable asset for your team.
Employed since January 2016 by the Canadian Corps of Commissionaires at the Calgary Airport. Filling multiple roles as needed. I am trained at all the terminal and airfield hard points and can also fill in with terminal patrol duties for the team when required. Work roles have included break relief in the terminal, dispatcher in the Security Operations Center, access control to the critical restricted area, and team-leader. In over two years of Airport Security, I have been able to fill any role needed with a positive attitude.
Security, Canadian Corps of Commissionaires, 2016 – Current
- I have built a rapport with the Calgary Airport Authority Duty-Manager and security teams, Transport Canada, Canadian Border Services Agency personnel, co-workers, tenants, and other organizations within the YYC umbrella.
- As ITD team-leader, I managed 9 to 12 workers in the CBSA area, ensuring training and a quality work environment.
- As a dispatch operator, I handled a high-volume call and response load in a very stressful environment, worked with crew and other agencies to respond to alarms and emergencies, and utilized technical and specialized systems.
- In the critical restricted area, I built relationships with tenants and contractor personnel. I monitored area access and regulation compliance during the new terminal opening – using the opportunity to educate tenants on correct security protocols.
- As a break-relief worker, I have been tasked at all terminal hard-point security posts – each with unique requirements and duties.
- I filled any terminal and occasional airfield role that was needed.
Volunteer: Medical First Responder, St. John Ambulance Calgary, 2010 – Current
- Provide volunteer first aid at community events, participated in and assisted with ongoing first aid training.
- Currently, the volunteer Equipment Facilitator, I am responsible for maintaining the equipment and gear which volunteers take to events.
- Received the Vice Prior Award from the Alberta lieutenant Governor for my excellence in community service during the Calgary Flooding
- Teach the Child Seat Information Safety Sessions as needed, educating the public on vehicle child seat safety and inspecting/installing seats into vehicles.
Active Certifications and Licenses
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Canadian Society of Safety Engineering, Member, 2018 – Present
- Alberta Society of Health and Safety Professionals, Candidate Member, 2018 – Present
- John Ambulance, Volunteer, 2010 – Present
I have many years of experience working with managers and project stakeholders on small and large projects – view highlights on my LinkedIn profile. As a Health and Safety Professional, I am familiar with work environment, process and policy development and implementation and enjoy safety discussions with work crew. I have relied upon my first aid skills many times while volunteering with St. John Ambulance as a Medical First Responder. As a Survey Crew Chief, I was responsible for quality layout and data collection from projects as varied as QC for the construction of many of the rink surfaces for the Vancouver Winter Olympics to topographic layouts for environmental reclamation on Fox-4, high up in the arctic circle.
Field Safety Advisor, Donald Rigging Ltd., 2014-2015
- Safety Professional, specializing in heavy lift, rigging, and civil work in the Oil and Gas industry.
- I dealt with, many administrative and field level training tasks daily.
- As an administrator, I created and audited tracking systems to ensure all training was documented and tracked.
- With supervision, I coordinated daily toolbox and facilitated weekly site safety training sessions,
- I analyzed trends and identified weak points that needed ensuring workers had proper training and reminders for.
- With workers, I developed rapport and provided both group and one-on-one training for job tasks.
- Executed incident investigations, implementing corrective action to mitigate similar safety risks.
- Collaborated with supervisors and field crew to coordinate, supervise, and maintain safety compliance.
- Developed spreadsheets, new field forms, and new data tracking systems, enabling the tracking of safety information for ISNetWorld, PICS, and other corporate safety tracking systems.
- Completed role with an attitude of thoroughness and completeness to all tasks, paying attention to the small details.
- Added operational efficiency in job tasking of the field safety role. Reviewed and ensured policies and procedures were appropriate and followed through.
- Taught safety sessions, Information learning sessions, and personal growth for workers and supervision as requested, whether in on-site orientations, one-on-one or in groups.
Survey Crew Chief, Maltais Geomatics Inc. (Now Altus Group), 2008 – 2014
- Managed construction projects and survey work crews to provided technical survey expertise, labor, and quality deliverables.
- Maintained work truck and equipment with high asset value.
- Collaborated with clients to facilitate completion in compliance with deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrated analytical strengths, while assessing clients’ needs to define project deliverables and technical requirements.
- Innovated new and creative solutions to meet client needs and grew the Calgary office construction department. Through exceeding client needs and coming up with unique solutions for the survey requirements.
- Developed methodologies for survey tasks to improve efficiencies and quality of work.
You have a need for a dedicated specialist who is capable of being a member of a committed team to ensure your company operates efficiently and effectively with a positive work culture ever mindful of the safety and security of all persons.
You have a need for an individual who cares about the quality of work completed and can be an observer for those who may be too focused to see the broader picture. You have a need for someone who can respond to emergencies, gather information, interview, prepare reports as well as monitor and enforce the policy and procedures of your operations.
As you can see, I have the needed skills, drive, and experiences to be a quality asset to your team. I will take on this role and provide a high quality of service and maintain a high level of responsibility and professionalism in my duties.
I look forward to our in-person conversation for filling this role so I can show you how I will exceed your expectations.